That's a saying on one of the t-shirts at Pittsburgh's own Eat N' Park restaurant. They are famous for their smiley face cookies, which children under the age of 10 receive for free with dinner. I remember crying once I turned 11 when I received no cookie and all my younger sisters did. :( So sad.

Here's some thoughts from the past few days along with what I've been up to:

* Lead a large group Bible study on Daniel 9: 1-19 at WVU on Thursday night. It went SOOOO well!! Like, super well. It was exactly what God wanted them to hear. The students were engaged hardcore in the study. It was fun and I think God spoke to a lot of the students, particularly the leaders for next year. I had a really fun time leading it as well as hanging out with J&K beforehand and checking out Morgantown. I really enjoy the school spirit of WVU. I think I could enjoy myself there. The end of their large group ended pretty poorly though. At least from my point of view. I don't want to post about it, but if you want to know, ask and I will most likely tell. Overall, I had a great time and was really grateful to Jesus for speaking through me and His word! (Here is a pic of what I spent all of Wednesday late night doing .... nerd!)

* Today I met up with my Gramma after she got her hair did at the mall. She's just so cute. However, it's been about 4 months since I've seen her and she's gotten exceptionally shorter and skinnier. It's quite sad to watch actually. I'm having a hard time dealing with it. I know she will pass soon, as will my Granpon, but I don't like thinking about it. I think there are a few things I "fear" in my life and I think I recently decided that getting old is one of them. I can't imagine my life when I'm 70+ years old. I think I want to die younger than that. Anyway, it was really nice to see her. Sisters #3,5 and myself went to Eat N' Park for lunch! It was quite ymmy. That's a pic of the smiley cookie I got. It was a bunny. I must say though, they are smaller than what I remember. I felt a little jipped. (is that how you spell that?) AND my Gramma collected some quarters for me. She stores them in used pill bottles which is quite humorous. As I looked at the medicin bottle filled with $$, I saw 2 pills still left in it. LOL. I was like, "Gram, um ... there are still 2 pills in here. Do you need 'em?" She laughed hysterically. Oops! I'm glad I got to see her, even if it was only for a little while. I know the time will come soon where I won't be able to, so I try to make it a point everytime I'm home to get together with her. I think she really appreciates it.

* IKEA - Oh man, do I love it. Went there today as well. Bought some new dishes and a new deskchair. I've been in fairly desperate need (my poor back!) of a new chair since the one I'm using has no back. My posture most likely sucks and I will reap the consequences of the crappy chair later in life I'm sure. Regardless, I only spent $50 for all of it. HOLLER! I can't wait to get a house someday to decorate up. Oh man. It will be Ikea-licious. Oo, I like that term.

* Spent some time today in the Family Christian Bookstore. It was kinda hard and weird, since I read that "Jesus: Made in America" book. There's a whole chapter about the commodification of Jesus (think WWJD bracelets) and what it's done to warp ppl's view of Christ. It's all I could think about in the store. Christ's name was slapped onto anything you can think of. It was outrageous. I saw this tshirt that was like, "OurApostle" or something dumb ... ugh! I was so frustrated and angered by it. Blah ... it's like it left a foul taste in my mouth or something. I did end up buying Grudem's Systematic Theology book to which the clerk checking me out asked, "So, you're into theology?" I thought to myself -- shouldn't all Christians be interested in theology? She asked if I was a seminary student. No, actually, I'm just an InterVarsity staff :D I look forward to reading it. (How nerdy & hott is that?!)

Okay ... I think that's it for now. There's much more to say, but I'm super pooped. Lots of late nights and early mornings and go-go-go these past 2 days. Bleh. I am hoping to really savor this Easter season.

0 comments