Jessica Chenon Thursday, October 16, 2008 at 7:48:00 PM EDT
Two of my favorite quotes comes from the movie A Beautiful Mind and they're along that same line (in finding these, I went back to watch a few clips of A Beautiful Mind and it makes me want to watch this wonderful movie again lol):
Nash: [responding to a question about whether his hallucinations have left] No, they’re not gone. Maybe they never will be. I've gotten used to ignoring them and I think, as a result, they've kind of given up on me. I think that's what it's like with all our dreams and our nightmares, Martin, we've got to keep feeding them for them to stay alive.
Nash: [to Thomas King – about receiving the nobel prize] Would I embarrass you? Yes it is possible. You see, I am crazy...I still see things that are not here. I just choose not to acknowledge them. Like a diet of the mind, I just choose not to indulge certain appetites; like my appetite for patterns; perhaps my appetite to imagine and to dream.
Stephanieon Thursday, October 16, 2008 at 10:24:00 PM EDT
Thanks! I enjoy that movie as well. I don't think I liked it at first, but I do enjoy it now.
I really enjoy the second quote - "a diet of the mind, I just choose not to indulge certain appetites." I really like that.
As I was listening to those podcasts today about women and sexual integrity, she made the statement that I posted. It just really spoke to me ... not in regards to sexual integrity ... but just other things I'm battling in my life. It makes so much sense! But is really hard to do. Taking the initial steps to starve it ... or not indulge in the appetite are SUPER hard! Thanks for posting.
Two of my favorite quotes comes from the movie A Beautiful Mind and they're along that same line (in finding these, I went back to watch a few clips of A Beautiful Mind and it makes me want to watch this wonderful movie again lol):
Nash: [responding to a question about whether his hallucinations have left] No, they’re not gone. Maybe they never will be. I've gotten used to ignoring them and I think, as a result, they've kind of given up on me. I think that's what it's like with all our dreams and our nightmares, Martin, we've got to keep feeding them for them to stay alive.
Nash: [to Thomas King – about receiving the nobel prize] Would I embarrass you? Yes it is possible. You see, I am crazy...I still see things that are not here. I just choose not to acknowledge them. Like a diet of the mind, I just choose not to indulge certain appetites; like my appetite for patterns; perhaps my appetite to imagine and to dream.
Thanks! I enjoy that movie as well. I don't think I liked it at first, but I do enjoy it now.
I really enjoy the second quote - "a diet of the mind, I just choose not to indulge certain appetites." I really like that.
As I was listening to those podcasts today about women and sexual integrity, she made the statement that I posted. It just really spoke to me ... not in regards to sexual integrity ... but just other things I'm battling in my life. It makes so much sense! But is really hard to do. Taking the initial steps to starve it ... or not indulge in the appetite are SUPER hard! Thanks for posting.