On the way to the store today, I was listening to "Midday Connection." The theme of the week has been "The Lies of Porn" and from what I can gather, it's specifically geared toward women. Today's particular program was a conversation with Shannon Etheridge, the author of "Every Woman's Battle" about sexual addiction.
It's not a topic we hear about often, particularly in the Church. If we do hear about it, it's usually about men. Women using porn however is significantly on the rise. So I thought it was worth telling you all about so you can listen for yourself. There are podcasts for everday this week. So I encourage you to check it out, especially if it's something that you struggle with. Don't be embarrassed or ashamed. But please do let someone else know.
Here is the summary of today's program:
Women, your sexual needs are far different from your man’s and they may be more dangerous. Shannon Ethridge joins us to talk about sexual addiction in women, which may look a little different from its counterpart in men. When does that affair begin—with the first touch, or when we open up our hearts to another?
As mentioned on the program, we have put together a list of resources which includes helpful books and websites dealing with our topic this week, The Lies of Porn.
Here's the Midday Connection website - http://www.moodyradio.org/middayconnection.aspxHere is the podcast pages of the recent broadcasts: http://www.moodyradio.org/brd_podcast.aspx?Program=MiddayConnection