Today was a good Thursday. I actually have some fun things to write about! So without further ado, here are my thoughts for Thursday: *spoiler alert!!!!!

  • Dress Shopping - I have my first "student" wedding on August 23rd!!! WOOHOO!! Jeff and Ronda were my president and large group coordinator during the 2006-2007 year atBaldwin-Wallace. I am so excited for them and their special day. I needed a dress to wear to their wedding and I had been looking before but found nothing. :( Boo. But today I went down to the Steelyard Commons and checked out Old Navy. It was huge! But I found a few dresses and tried them on. SUCCESS! I found a dress! It fit well and looks great. Nothing feels as good as finding a cute dress that you like AND it looks good! (Note: this is NOT my body ... lol)
  • Disappointment - If you're looking for the internet at Starbucks in the Steelyard Commons, you won't find it. They don't have any Wifi service there yet ... BOO! I wish I would have known that BEFORE I ordered my drink/food and set up shop.
  • Staple vs. my foot - Tonight as J and I were watching a bit of Scrubs, I noticed my weatherbug flashing. This means there is a weather alert. I love weather, so I was excited. As I began to tell her about the coming thunderstorm, I slide my right foot forward against the carpet. When I slid my foot forward, a sharp pain shot through my foot. I quickly grabbed my foot to find a giant staple (ones that come from staple guns to hold together upholstery) stuck, horizontally, in the bottom side of my foot. I quickly grabbed it and pulled. Part of the staple broke off! AHH!! As I'm freaking out b/c there is now a piece of staple chillin in my foot, Joyce comes over. I tell her to go grab a pair of tweezers. She runs and gets them and I put my leg up in the air for her to see the side of my foot. Luckily, since she's a skilled surgeon who studied under Dr. Turk, she was able to remove the staple. Ugh. Who gets a giant staple stuck in their foot?
  • So You Think You Can Dance Finale - This may warrant it's own post, but for now I can say that overall the show was stellar. I'm disappointed in the outcome, but ... what can ya do? y p
  • Sleeping - I don't know what's going on with me lately, but every single night has been a battle. It's a battle for not only my physical body, but for my mind and soul as well. That sounds creepy, but I seriously think that Satan likes to wage war on my mind and physical body which causes me to not ever really fall asleep and then when I do, wake me up about every hour or whatnot. It's utterly frustrating. I enjoy sleep and I don't do well without a good solid amount. So I've been waking up very tired and emotionally drained.
  • America's Best Dance Crew - I totally and 100% DISAGREE with the choice the judges made tonight by keeping Super Crew and sending home Fanny Pak! What the?!?!

1 Comment

  1. Jessica Chen on Friday, August 8, 2008 at 12:40:00 AM EDT

    I TOTALLY disagree with the judges too!!! I mean creativity over athletic ability any day!! Although, I do understand that overall this has been a tough season judging and voting-wise cause there's really no REAL crew that absolutely just rises and shines above all the rest. These last 3 crews are all good and each bring something different to the table and yet they're inconsistent and make mistakes that the last season didn't really make. I just think, in general, that the last seasons final crews were more consistent but maybe that's just me...Anyways, enough about America's Best Dance Crew =P...

    As for sleeping, I will keep you in my prayers about that =). Satan does that to me too when I am participating in advancing God's kingdom...BUT, God's on your side so you're sure to win this battle!! Oh and think about how tired Satan must be battling you ever night ;) (I'll be posting an entry about this thought of mine later)...When I can't sleep or end up waking up every hour, I usually just take a verse (one that reassures you of God's presence and peace) and just recite it in my head over and over. Kinda like counting sheep but even better! It's counting on the shepherd ;).

    Hope you have a good night's sleep!
    Psa 116:7