If you don't already know this about me, let me tell you: I love kids. I really do. They are incredibly fun to be with. At gatherings with both adults and children, I find myself gravitating towards the children. Why? I'm not sure. I appreciate the way that kids are so uninhibited. They don't care what anyone thinks about them. They are incredibly authentic and say what they think. I appreciate people who are real - that don't put on a front. I enjoy how children play and find enjoyment in almost anything. I just love being with kids.

Today I had the opportunity to spend some times with the Chew children. They're such a delight. Anya and Lukas were asked to be the flower girl and ring bearer in a wedding of one of the Koinonia grad students. So I volunteered to do Anya's hair (which then also meant I would do Lukas' too).

It was really fun to play "hair salon" and do Anya's hair. I kept it down and just put spiral curls in the bottom. It ended up looking very beautiful. It was great to see her reaction when I was done and we looked in the mirror. Her face just lit up with joy. You could tell she felt beautiful. Then she put on the whole ensemble and just beamed with beauty. She couldn't stop looking at herself in the mirror. It was great! I remember acting that way ... just feeling so beautiful with my hair curled and in a pretty dress. :)

So then obviously if I did Anya's hair ... I had to do Lukas' too! So he visited my salon. I blow dryed it and then parted it on the left and sprayed it to stay over. He looked super cute! Very dapper in his brown suit with a vest and tie! He was so cute ... he too kept checking himself out in the mirror pulling the part over making sure it was lookin' good. He also wanted his pic taken, so I had him lay on this chair and do a mini-model shoot with his new 'do.' :) I said to him, "what's your name?" And he replied, "Lukas. With a 'k.'" HAHHA! Sounded like, "Bond. James Bond." Too cute!!

I can't wait to have kids someday and do this fun kind of stuff with them! I'm glad that God has blessed me with the opportunity to spend time getting to know Lukas and Anya. The Chew family has been such a blessing to me, in so many ways!

1 Comment

  1. Wayne on Sunday, August 10, 2008 at 1:41:00 AM EDT

    I was at the wedding today. You know, I had no idea the flower girl was one of the Chew kids, and I had no idea you did their hair, but when i saw Anya's hair, I remarked to my roommate sitting next to me how cute her hair looked. So... great job =)