Today was spectacular! I am so blessed to be here in this beautiful lakehouse enjoying the beautiful creation around me. Here are some thoughts from today:

* Uhh, I slept in rather later. There is no alarm clock in my room and I've turned my cell off b/c it jumps in and out of service and beeps to let me know it. So I had no idea what time it was. I woke up once and thought - it can't be THAT late, so I went back to sleep for a little. When I finally woke up and came out to the kitchen, I saw that it was 10:42 am! YIKES! What a waste! But then I thought, "hey! I'm on vacation!"

* Packed up my bag in order to spend the whole day on the beach. It was a rather long trip back up the hill, so I wanted to make sure I took everything with me. I set up "shop" down on the beach and spent the day reading my new book "Twilight" and soaking in the sun.

* Disappointed - Originally, I was to meet Rick to pick up Char, but that planned was changed. Plan B was that Rick was going to bring Char all the way up here and stay until she got comfortable. Plans changed again. Barb P was now going to meet Rick halfway and pick up Char. I was disappointed that I wouldn't see Rick. Haven't seen him since he moved, about 2 months ago. Sad.

* The P Family - So far they are great! Such hospitality. Very friendly. And J was wearing an awesome shirt when I met him. hahah. And ... they have a dog they've brought with them! WOOHO!

* Becca called and said her dad gave her 4 tickets to the Indians game on Thurs. night and invited me! Of course I would go! What a way to end my vacation! :) Hopefully they will win.

* South Haven - Despite the fact that I'm vacationing by myself, I decided to take a drive up to South Haven, MI. I was going to eat some dinner and walk around town. It was about a 15 min drive or so, but it was great! The town was super cute. Reminded me a bit of Stars Hallow. I walked around town and found an Italian restaurant called "Venezia." Here are some thoughts during my trip to South Haven:
  • I visited a lil store on the main drag of S. H. and it reminded me soooo much of Ocean City, New Jersey when I went on vacation with my family when I was younger. They had all this SH apparel. Like the dumbest looking shirts everywhere, but still so cute! I remember seeing these types of shops all over the boardwalk in OCNJ. I was all nostalgic! :)
  • As I sat by myself in the booth at this restaurant I could hear the conversation of the people sitting next to me. The dad says to the daughter, "Let's play slapface. Here's how you play - the goal is to slap the other person's face ...... *SLAP*" ..... HAHAHAHAH. I thought it was hysterical. This is a rip off of the newest "Office" promo with Jim, Dwight and Andy. I tried to find it to embed here, but I couldn't locate it. It's hysterical though. I can't wait for the Office to return!!
  • "Twilight" - The Twilight series came out in 2005. I am a little behind. But this book brought so much conversation today it was crazy! As I was being seated, the woman in the next booth started talking about it loudly to her daughter - about how much she loooved the series and wants to reread them. As I sat down and gave my order, another server came over and said, "Excuse me, what book is that?" So I showed her. "That's what I thought! I really want to read those!" We then proceeded to have a convo about it. I swear, like four or five other people talked to me about it! It's crazy. I'm not that far in, so I don't have an opinion yet. It's been an easy read, which I like.
  • Everyone here wears white. White is definitely the beach color.
  • Ice cream - I wish I had a picture of it to put on here (it'll come later), but I got this ice cream cone and it was unbelievably huge. I ordered a single and to me, it looked like at least a double if not bigger. It was "grasshopper" flavor - mint chocoloate chip essentially, but like cookie crumble plus mint/chocolate chunks. It was really good! I tried to eat as much of it as a could, but alas, I failed. I had to throw it out. :(
Overall it was a pretty fun day! I got some sunburn, which is kinda fun. :) Shows I was on vacation. Haha. Tomorrow is my last official "day" here ... sad! It's gone by so fast! But that's alright. I'll take what I can get! YAY!!!!

1 Comment

  1. jo. on Tuesday, August 12, 2008 at 11:51:00 PM EDT

    ah, y.moore would fit right in.