Thank You Notes - Today I received a thank you note in the mail from my sister for her graduation gifts. I cannot express to you how happy I was to get it. There's something about a thank you note that does something for ya. The idea that someone was grateful enough for whatever you've done that they send you a note to tell you again that they are grateful. I enjoy thank you notes. They are so ... respectful? I try my hardest to stay up on my thank you notes for fund development in IV. They say you shouldn't wait longer than a day to write one! Yikes! But, I love them. My kids will definitely always write thank you notes. It made my day!
Art project - I decided today to help lift someone in my life's spirit by drawing/constructing/putting something together. It was REALLY fun and I'm pretty proud of what it looks like. I enjoy projects like this. Being in ministry is hard for many reasons and one of those reasons is that you don't always see the fruit of your labor. You don't see the finished project. That's why it's encouraged that you get some sort of hobby that allows you to complete something - like woodworking, or knitting or something. I know it sounds cheesy almost, but it's REALLY helpful to work hard, complete it and see the whole finished project. So, yeah, I'm proud of my art project. I hope she likes it!!! :)
Nasty surprise - I found a nasty surprise in my kitchen today, which led to another nasty surprise. I will spare you the details. Let's just say that I almost threw up at least three times.
Micro Center is a super nerdy store. But I secretly liked it.
Isabel - EC and I met with Case IV's faculty advisor today and let me just say that when we left her office, I grabbed E's arm and exclaimed, "OMG! I LOVE HER!!!" Seriously, it was a fantastic meeting. She is really excited about working with the IV chapter and really appreciates and gets why groups like IV exist on college campuses. I'm excited to partner with her!
SYTYCD - They flippin' opened the SHOW with a BOLLYWOOOD routine with all the dancers! YEEEAHHH BOEEEEYYYYYYYYYY. I'm loving it! AND, last night they had the BEST (in my opinion) hip-hop routine of the season with Twitch and Comfort: