The other day I saw a 3 year old girl throw a fit in the middle of the library b/c she didn't want to leave. She felt she was entitled to make her own decisions, be disobedient and get what SHE wanted, despite her father's instructions. I laughed to myself as I watched this take place. Kudos to the dad who handled it well.

However, we all are not unlike this little girl. I think one ugly characteristic all people have, myself included, is that we feel so incredibly entitled. Like, ridiculously entitled. It's all about us. What we want, who we want, how we should get it, how much we should get, if we don't get enough, etc.

It's so ugly. I don't want to be that 3 year old screaming on the floor. But I find myself wanting to go there ... as if it's helpful. And it's a bit ridiculous to think of a 25 year old woman crying and screaming on the floor about how she feels entitled. I guess we do it all the time though, it just doesn't look like that and it may not be so public. We know it though in our heart of hearts. At least I know it in my heart of hearts.

Lord, help me to be humble and submit to your will for my life and all things.

1 Comment

  1. DeeCee on Sunday, February 15, 2009 at 5:01:00 AM EST

    i know you are. but what am i? :-p

    k in all seriousness thanks for the thoughtful post :-)