I will confess that I have been thinking a bit more about dating in the past few days (and maybe months) than I have in a while. It has NOT been the thinking like, "Oh my gosh! I totally wish I was dating ... blah blah ... whine whine... why not me, boohoo." Though that was dramatic, it is often how some single people think/feel.

No, it's been more like - what are my essentials? What are the things that I'm willing to "bend" on? What are the things I'm not? If I don't bend on it, how much does it decrease the "pool" (which isn't that big currently anyway ...)? Is that even important? Is it a case-by-case basis that I make those decisions? When do you have those "essentials" conversations with a potential boyfriend/girlfriend? How important is it to know these things? Is this thinking too much about it?

All I know is this - dating is serious business. It affects the rest of your life. I will choose once the man that I will marry.

Now I know that I cannot go into this with a "legalistic" mindset but I need to leave room for grace to abound, but some of those things need to be thought about. Right?

Lord I need you to give me wisdom and guidance.

0 comments