My best friend and her husband bought a house. They are now home owners. What!? They bought a house?! Crazy. I helped them move in on Saturday. Well, I really sort of just watched as the strong men carried stuff in. I put together the book shelf and put the books on it. Score. Here's a pic:


It would be a lie to say that this event didn't shake me up a little. I'm human. I'm very excited for my Best, like really (!), but for a few moments I wondered what have I done with my life. No husband. No house. No babies. And when society says these are the things you need to BE someone of worth and you don't have them - you feel a little out of sorts or you start to ask the not-so-helpful questions. And then when the ppl of the church say those things as well, or maybe don't verbally say it, but still put worth behind it in their actions and attitudes (consciously or not), that's even worse.

Now before you get all "Well Stephanie that's not true blah blah ..." - I know. I am very aware of the lies. I was merely stating how I was feeling a bit this weekend or in the past couples days. It shall pass. I am reminded of God's love for me and I will continue to wait on Him - not passively, but in action doing all that I can for the kingdom of God as He allows.

So congrats to Becca on her new house! I love it and can't wait to party there.

1 Comment

  1. Jessica Chen on Monday, December 1, 2008 at 7:59:00 AM EST

    Events like that (like my peers getting pregnant and having babies, buying houses, settling down, etc.) always shake me up a little bit as well.