If there was a real fire, odds are all college students would die because they wouldn't move - because of all the fake fire drills they are forced to do a thousand times a semester.
I'm only writing about this because I'm sitting in Starbucks in the Village @ Case and don't you know, that the stupid light flashes and the woman on the system announces that a fire has been reported and we must exit the building. I look over to the 2 dudes to my right and ask, "Is this real?!" They have no clue. I slowly pack up all of my stuff and head out into the 55 degrees below zero weather to see what's up.
Yes, it's fake. The annoying residence life guy (I swear they are the same at every college) comes out and makes some annoying remark, "Guys, if this was a real fire you would all need to gather by the field so that we know that you aren't stuck in your room screaming 'Ahhh there's a a fire or burning to death.'" Uh .... annoying humor? Weirdo.
I decided to wait it out. He let us back in after another dumb remark that he thought was funny (which he was probably practicing all night) ... something like "Oh wait for the show next semester .... " Derrrrr.
Man, I hated fire drills in college. I hate fire drills still. Anyone have any funny fire drill anecdotes??
How about burning popcorn at freakin' 4am in the morning?! Ooooh yes, happened at clarke tower my sophomore year. I think that was the only time I was tempted to try and sleep through the fire alarm sound. *sigh*
Oh and it gets better. My freshman year, somebody set a whole pot in the microwave which not only made the microwave melt but it also set off the fire alarm. Yes, Case students are veeery veeery smart.
Let's see...Clarke Tower I believe was the most fire alarms I'd been through really. I set off a few myself actually...once freshman year for cooking (but it wasn't a fire or anything. I was just producing a lot of smoke from frying. I was making curry chicken for like 20+ people again lol).
2nd time was in the village for a oil fire. My first one. And THAT never happened again.
I think that was it for me and fire alarms. They were never at insanely odd hours (dinner time) NOR were they ever in really cold weather. I'm REASONABLE lol :P
btw, the spanish template? Nice :)
Good thing I know something about romance languages to be able to read it :P
The 4 am fire alarm Jess is referring to in Clarke Tower happened inside my bedroom. It was a malfunctioning fire alarm cuz there was absolutely no smoke in the room. But that didn't stop the officers of accusing me and my roommate of smoking pot in the room. They thought we must be doing something wrong because why else would we be up so late??? Then there was a whole ResLife inquiry and we had to go before the housing coordinator and explain our story.
Luckily nothing bad happened and they believed us (or didn't have any evidence otherwise). But it was ironic because the only reason we were awake was cuz we had too much homework.
I think its also partially Ken's fault my roommate and I got in trouble. He was our suite-mate and he wouldn't leave his room cuz, well, it's Ken.
P.S. I lived on the 10th floor in Clarke tower... imagine doing that many stairs at 4 am.... or on the one day you can sleep in....
lol...I remember now Mike :P
Oh and I forgot to mention another one in Clarke Tower at 7am or so. Somebody left their halogen bed lamp on and it burned their down comforter.