Fall is here. For sure. I needed a coat today.

Here are some random stories from the past few days here at home in PGH:

* My dog ate one of my headphones for my iPod. I couldn't locate the stuff from inside the headphone - he must have swallowed it. Oops. I am now headphone-less. How will I survive now in this individualistic world?!?!

* Someone shared this song with me today, "Slow Fade" by Casting Crowns. Here's the video:



* Jaymie, my youngest sister, is still in high school. A freshmen to be exact. Each morning she is woken by my mother who calls from work around 6:10 am. Yes. super early. So, I decided that I didn't want to be woken up that early as well, so I took the cordless phone from in my room, and stuck it in a giant pile of clothes on the floor (they were waiting to be washed). My thought was, 'I'll shove it down here and won't be able to hear it when she calls.' All worked well, I did not hear the phone ring. I went through the morning going about my business and needed to move my clothes from the washer to the dryer and as I was doing so, noticed something black. I had sent the cordless phone through the washer. It died of course. What an idiot! Oops.

* Cody, my dog (yes the one that ate the headphones) has a condition. It's called "Pee-when-I-get-too-excited" syndrome. It occurs most often when a guest arrives at our house. After dinner tonight, my mom decided to get out a new toy for Cody and play with him. He was all riled up running around with this toy. My mom would throw it and he'd run after it ... and then he'd run up on and over the couch to her. Why? I have no clue. This happened to be the place where I was folding my clothes I had just washed. As I went to fold a tshirt I noticed a dark spot on my clothes and couch - the stupid dog had just accidentally peed on my clothes. Grr. I think I'm going to rename him "Squirty McSquirt" 'cause the dog's always leaking! Ew. Then I had to rewash my clothes! Oops.

* Natalie, sister #2, recently had major surgery to repair her torn ACL. She's been in recovery for only a few weeks. Her leg was still rather swollen so her PT suggested she see the doctor. During her appointment, my sister had rather a shock. She was informed that there were SCREWS IN HER KNEE! She hadn't been told before that moment. She had no idea there were 2 screws in her knee. She received a card to show if she beeped going through a metal detector at the airport. How do you have major surgery on your knee and have no idea there are screws in it?! Here's the x-ray. Oops.

* Tonight as my mother, Natalie and myself were sitting on her bed, I was sharing that I had lost my iPod cover. Boo. As I said it, both my sister and mom quoted the same movie at the same time in response to me. Then, in an act of excitement (I guess?) my mom, for some reason, punched (and I mean punched!) my sister Natalie. Square in the knee. Yes, the one with the screws. Natalie started to wail ... and mom froze! Then she quickly ran to get some ice while Nat cried out in pain ... which then turned into laughter at my mom's ridiculous antics. At the end we were all laughing. It was hysterical to see my mom punch her! Right in her knee - it was pretty hard too. Oops.

* This is the coolest hand dryer I have ever seen in my life. I had never seen one like this before. All you do is stick your hands inside and it drys them in seconds! Literally. It's amazing. They are the best air hand dryer I've ever seen next to the one at Dewey's.

0 comments