Prov. 15:4 -- The tongue that brings healing is a tree of life, but a deceitful tongue crushes the spirit.
Prov. 12:18 -- Reckless words pierce like a sword, but the tongue of the wise brings healing.
James 3:7-9 -- 7All kinds of animals, birds, reptiles and creatures of the sea are being tamed and have been tamed by man, 8but no man can tame the tongue. It is a restless evil, full of deadly poison. 9With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in God's likeness.
Prov. 18:21 -- The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit.
Prov. 16:28 -- A perverse man stirs up dissension, and a gossip separates close friends.
Prov. 20:19 -- A gossip betrays a confidence; so avoid a man who talks too much.
You want some more?? 'Cause there are plenty more where that came from.
I think the Bible is clear about the subject of gossip and the tongue.
I am absolutely astounded by how people, especially those even in the body of Christ - those who claim to follow Jesus, can be so hurtful with their tongues. I cannot get over it.
Tell me - how does that express Christ's love? Seriously. I'd really like to know.