
One year ago today I sat in my living room with the rest of the world and watched Britney Spears suck it up on stage.
This year, she was back. She did not perform, but opened up the show. I have to admit she looked pretty good, definitely much better than last year!
Instead of her sucking it up as the opening act - they had Rihanna with her newest hit, "Disturbia." Oh my gosh was it HORRID!!! She cannot perform live at all!!!! She sang half the song off key. The design of the song was allll wrong. I can't believe she let people make her do that. Oh wow was it bad!
And then, as if it couldn't get any worse - it does ... with Russell Brown, Brand .. WHO CARES?! as host. He didn't host. He just screamed crap into the mic. He literally yelled and spoke sooo quickly about all this political stuff. Nothing about videos or music. Just about how that "retarded cowboy" can't even hold a pair of scissors. Regardless of whether you agree with his statements or not, he did a horrible job. He also made fun of the Jonas Bros. and their purity rings. Dah. He is a horrible host.
It was redeemed though - the first award was for Best Female Video and Britney Spears won for "Piece of Me." Her speech was nice and short. I think it was good for her.
The show had SOOOO many glitches! Timing was bad - between showing the nominees and going back to the announcers and handing out mics to presentors! The cuts from camera to camera were bad. Didn't they rehearse or anything??

The cast of Twilight presented ... but Russell sooooo butted in!!!! I wanted to see Robert Pattinson talk, but he was interrupted by the obnoxious Brit. He's super cute - and plays the hot vampire, Edward Cullen in the Twilight series. Nice.
Pink's slide down a cloth pole hung from the top of the set was pretty sweet.
YEAAHHHHH - Jordin Sparks for the shoutout about 'no sex till marriage' rings! Go Jonas Bros!
I'm not a huge Christina Aguilera fan, but her performance was probably the best of the night. It was actually good - singing, choreography etc. Well done.
Go Britney - 2 awards! I mean, 3 awards!
Why didn't Chris Brown perform?! Why didn't he win best dance video?! Having Chris Brown dance is one way to insure that your show won't suck.
Kanye West's closing performance was so anticlimactic. What a bad way to end the show.
As a lover of pop culture and music, I feel like I was owed so much more than what was delivered by the MTV vma's. I'm seriously disappointed. I'd give it 1.5 out of 5 stars. Yuck.