I am absolutely head over heels in love with this piece of music from the movie "Pride & Prejudice" called "Your Hands are Cold." It's composed by Dario Marianelli (who also composed another favorite of mine - the soundtrack from "Atonement") and performed by pianist Jean-Yves Thibaudet.



This is going to sound so cheesy, but this track (the whole soundtrack) does something to me. It's so unbelievably moving - it's like water, slushing up against the sides of riverbank as it winds and turns down it's path. And then ... it explodes with this romantic climbing and falling melody and sounds as if all these little pieces of ... glitter or something, gently fall from the sky to the ground.

It's beyond beautiful. I cannot even describe it. I could listen to it for hours. I'm so grateful that God created music. It's one of my most favorite things here on earth.

0 comments