Today at my supervisory meeting with Anna, standing in line for lunch, I saw a husband and his wife with matching tattoos. Now, let me say that I am not against tattoos. I'm against ugly ones. Hah. Jk.

There before me in line at Chipotle stood a man and his wife, with matching Cleveland Browns tattoos on the side/back of their left calves. Hers was smaller than his (which was quite large). It was a giant orange helmet and it said, "BROWNS" above it. His looked rather fresh, so perhaps this "investment" was recently done.

I've seen matching tattoos before on husbands and wives. My aunt and uncle have the Chinese characters for "faithfulness" tattooed on their wrists. Never before have I seen sports related matching "tats." At least not for the Brownies.

I found it very interesting that they were so invested in the Browns, enough to get tattoos that will be on their bodies until the day they die. I'm sure a ton of Pittsburgh Steelers fans have tattoos. Perhaps even husband and wives. I, personally, just can't imagine saying to my husband, "Hey hunny, I was thinking ... maybe we should get matching [insert our favorite sports teams] tattoos on the backs of our legs?"

To each his own :)

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

2 comments

  1. jo. on Friday, August 22, 2008 at 10:58:00 PM EDT

    hm.. would i get a michigan tattoo? i might consider it if my husband was a michigan man.

     
  2. Mike on Saturday, August 23, 2008 at 2:19:00 PM EDT

    Stephanie,

    I have to say, I am quite disappointed by this post. Why would you leave it open ended as to who would be you and your future husband's favorite sports team?

    If it's not the Steelers, he's not the one.