- My parents came in for the weekend to visit me. It was nice to have them. We did a lot of "Cleveland-y" things this weekend and I think for the first time, and I'm a bit reluctant to admit this, Cleveland seemed like "home." I was proud [is that the right word?] of the places I showed them, like Case's campus (thanks for the tour E), my neighborhood, Wade Oval, Little Italy etc. and I wanted them to like it. Yikes. What does this mean!? Pittsburgh will always have my heart though.
- I should have made a bet with someome - the first thing my Dad did when he got in my apt was pick up my guitar and play.
- Rock and Roll Hall of Fame - My dad loved it. Like, looooved loved it. Of course he's a music junkie, and he's where I get my addiction from. It's hereditary [look out my kids!]. He had a great time walking through all of the exhibits as did my mom. There wasn't a moment where they weren't singing along to whatever it was that was playing. They knew practically every band/artist represented there. It was awfully cool to see the orginal pages where the artists wrote the song lyrics. Pretty sweet. I definitely would NOT recommend taking anyone under the age of 14. It would be AWFULLY boring, seriously. Overall it was pretty cool, although I came up with 2 ideas that I'd like to share with them to make it even MORE cool: 1) interactive space - wouldn't it be sweet if they just had like jam rooms with a bunch of instruments that people could play (kind of like the science center?)? I think people would like that - they could express themselves and their appreciation for the music. 2) competition space - I think it would also be sweet to create a space for games - like a wall where you listen to the first 5 seconds of a song and have to match it with the correct artist and title. This would rock for the music buffs (me!). Maybe some matching of artists to songs. Something interactive to test people's music knowledge and awareness. I also have to admit that I was rather proud of myself when we watched the 66 min (although it felt like 3 years) video about all of the inductees since 1995 because I knew about 97% of the artists/groups and their respective songs. WOOHOO! Visiting the museum did "music" me out for the rest of the day. I think I've heard enough of "Walk This Way" by Aerosmith and Run DMC and Little Richards "Tutti Frutti" (a song about ice cream!).
- Music - As I walked through the HOF I thought about music and what some of it did in the 60's and 70's, which was comment on the social and political things that were occurring during the time. It motivated people. It annoyed people. It spoke for the people, at times.I feel like groups often wrote music in response to events. These groups represented ideas and thoughts and feelings (not always positive and yes I'm aware that drug use what huge!), but still. And I am sad - I don't think music does that for us now. People write songs mostly about sex and 'love.' If bazilions of years from now the only thing the ppl inhabiting the earth had to tell about what was here before was music, they would be confused when they got to the 90's and Millenium. They'd be like, all they sing about is love and money and girls (in an objectified way). I guess that does reflect our current culture. Hmm.
- Little Italy - Always a fun time. We went to Mama Santa's for some pizza. My d
ad had some veal something or other and raved about it the whole time. I'm glad they liked it. - The Dark Knight - what else is there to say than the fact that this movie now holds the record for biggest opening weekend? I was part of that history making! It was really incredible. All of the other Batman movies pale in comparison to this one. Trust me. Visit Gotham City please!
- I got my picture taken with my boyfriend Zac Efron, isn't he a cutie?!
- Scranton - It was semi-risky, depends on who you talk to, to take my parents to church today. It's VERY different than our church at home and I'm sure both of them were out of their comfort zone, but took it rather well. I think the most uncomfortable thing was how HOTTTTTT it was in the sanctuary (no air - just like our apt!). I hope they get air when they build the new building. Today they brought in the coaches from the Ambassador in Sports org. that ran a soccer camp all week. Most of the coaches were from Ireland ( where most of the soccer players at Mercyhurst were from) and England. It was sweet to hear their testimonies and how they use soccer to share the gospel. They talked for a while and then PJ continued with his sermon. If I were him, I would have just given the morning to the AIS ppl and not preached. It made for ONE long service. But in the middle of this guy JJ's testimony (he's from South Africa), this insanely charged bolt of lightning hit right outside the church window making him stop talking and everyone's head turn to the window. It had to have hit something. But it was definitely cool timing God. I have to admit some of the coaches were super good looking AND about three of them were ROCKING THE FAUXHAWK!!!!! Most excellent. And Kudos to W for BEING the worship team.
- Being with your parents makes you think, a lot. About yourself. About your life. I feel the deep need to do some introspection - I should carve out some time to do that soon. There's a lot of things in my life that I need to check out dude.
- Lowlight - I spilled my drink on my new green purse :( SAD!
Some food for thought - do you not think the guitar solo's or riffs or bass lines (whatever you want to call it) for the songs "Sunshine of your Love" and "In a Gadda Divida" sound freakishly similar?? My dad and I discussed it this morning before church. HAH.
all in a day's work, ma'am.