Another reason I love their parties is that not only do they have awesome backyard games in full swing, but their drive way is the perfect 4-square court! I've played many a 4-s at their house and I have to admit, I'm pretty good. The Sulzer boys are super competitive (I think they've influenced my competitiveness to increase) in most sports and not to mention pretty good as well (they rock at vball), however for this game - I dominate. And it feels good.
For those of you who don't know how to play 4-s, here's the general jist of the game: The player in the highest rank, called four square or 'royalty,' serves the ball into the lowest ranking square, called one square. After a single bounce in one square, the player must hit the ball (return) into any other legal square before it bounces again. Each time the ball is bounced in any square, that player must hit it into any other player's square (return) to stay in the game. The game continues until a player makes an error by letting the ball bounce twice, hitting the ball out of bounds, or breaking a 'custom
rule.' For more info you can visit this website: http://www.squarefour.org/rulesI really love this game. It's so much fun to play. You gotta get low and be quick on your feet and have pretty good accuracy. Tonight I beat out all the youth group kids and stayed in the Queen spot for awhile. Yea, boy. So, if you're ever up for the challenge, I'll take you on :)
(This pic was from D's grad party last May/June??)