
Okay okay. I'm super quirky sometimes and this has got to be one of those areas. I absolutely love breakfast. Can't get enough. It's my favorite meal of the day. For real. I love getting breakfast for dinner too.
There is nothing like waking up and being restored with a nice breakfast. B-fast to me, is like coffee to others. I have to have it. If I don't have it ... then I start to turn into the Hulk. Seriously. I get irritable. Not only do I get that way if I don't have breakfast, but I especially get that way if I don't have MILK for breakfast. I LOVE milk. Always have and hopefully always will. I need milk in the morning.
Today however, was not a good breakfast day. I've been away the past couple days so the food supply is low. I didn't find it necessary to shop since I knew I was going to be out of town. But now that I've returned, there isn't a lot of food. I basically need to go food shopping (which I absolutely despise). With that, there is nothing good for breakfast. I can't have toast b/c there's no butter. I can't have french toast b/c there are no eggs. I can't have eggs b/c there are no eggs. There is luckily, a bit of milk left, but that means nothing if I don't have these others things.
So I perused the cupboard this morning only to find "Rice Chex" left over from when I made dog food for the G's going away party. Traditionally I like to steer clear of this kind of cereal for one reason: it gets mushy. I have food texture issues and mushy cereal is enough for me to not eat breakfast (which is a lot). So when it comes to cereal like Rice Chex, Frosted Flakes, Cinnanmon Toast Crunch etc., I don't do it. I will however eat Frosted Flakes and only Frosted Flakes, like this: a bowl with the cereal in it and a glass of milk on the side. Yeah, yeah. It's a bit psychotic. Whatever.
This morning I was desperate for breakfast, so I poured myself a bowl of Rice Ch
ex and added some milk ... "here goes" was my thought. I got about 3/4 of the way and then it started to get insanely mushy. So I stopped. :( What a waste of milk. Sorry.I can't help it. I just don't like mushy cereal, but I do love breakfast. Taking a trip to the grocery store is definitely on my agenda today. I can't push it off any more. So if you talk to me today and I'm angsty, it's b/c I had a bad breakfast!
And for your viewing pleasure, here is one of my all-time favorite videos about eating breakfast:
I just wanted to say that I've been working from home for the past couple days, and your blog totally gets me through the day! A great mix of entertainment and devotional inspiration :)
I *LOVE* breakfast too- and I have the same dilemma as you! I have milk, corn flakes, and butter. No eggs, no crunchy cereal :( I feel your pain!