So if you read my blog and/or talk to me, you know that one of my favorite tv shows in the summer is So You Think You Can Dance (SYTYCD). I love this show for many reasons - one of those reasons being how they bring all genres of dance (culturally as well) to the show and ask all the dancers to dance them.

For the past two weeks, each of the couples have had to dance two numbers, so you see a total of 8-9 different genres (from krumping, to tango, to contemporary, to jazz, to lyrical hip-hop). This week Katee and Josh were given a waltz as well as 'bollywood.' Neither of them knew exactly what it was, however their performance didn't reveal that at all. This was the first time that a culturally Indian dance had been featured on the show.

This is probably my most favorite piece of the season:

How amazing is that?! Absolutely brilliant. I love dance. I love this show.

0 comments