OMG! Rawr.

Okay. So here I am, sitting at Dewey's cafe trying to write my newsletter (which is SUPER late) and I'm so offended!! I am sitting along a long booth-like seat with tables that are parallel to each other. So many people can sit on this strip and the tables are pretty close together. You can pretty much see what others are doing on their computers.

DAH! I am so distracted! The dude next to me is checking his myspace or something and he's pulling up all this pics of some girls (on their myspace pages - whether he knows them or not, I don't know) that are pretty provocative, for all to see!!! We're talking pics of girls in immodest clothes and bathing suits in not so innocent positions. DAH!!!!! Not only is he pulling them up, but he's SLOWLY scrolling down - ogling. I can't help but to see him stop on the close up of her bust. WTH?!GAAHHHH!!!

I am so offended just sitting here. First off, GIRLS - why you need to get pics like that taken?!?! SELF RESPECT!!! PAAALEEAASEEE!! Secondly, why do you feel the need to put them up on the internet?! Just so you can be objectified by men??! And lastly, DUDE?!?!!? Stoppppp lookin' at them!!!!

What am I to do? Tell him to stop? I think it's a little inappropriate for him to be doing it in such a public place. (Maybe it's his girlfriend ... or wife?? But there was more than one ...) I'm not down with it in private either, but MAN. It's just not that he's doing it, but the WAY he's doing it. I wanna vomit.

I'm sorry this sounds like it's so dramatic, but this stuff gets me pumped up. If there's one thing I absolutely loath, it's men negatively objectifiying women. Let me be clear to say, that not ALL men do this, but some do. It disgusts me to no end. Not only that men do it, but that women allow it to happen to themselves.

Okay I'm done. I've given this too much attention.

Maybe I should pray for him. Yeah, I think that's what I'll do.

1 Comment

  1. jo. on Monday, June 23, 2008 at 11:55:00 AM EDT

    oh man!! that makes me feel angry, gross, and sad all at the same time. i don't know what i would've done. gone over there and busted him up, haha.

    sometimes i forget about the brokenness in the world and then remember that it is all oh-so-real. blah...