My mind is overflowing with many things I've been thinking about and many to which I've been reading about, struggling through and being annoyed with. Here are a few:

  • evangelicalism and fundamenatlism and liberal theology
  • the current state of the Church - revival or death?
  • what does effective evangelism look like now in 2009?
  • the role of women in the church, home and everywhere else
  • the "missional" church ?
  • unity - what is it? what does it look like? what doesn't it look like? what's it's purpose?
  • systematic theology - currently the purpose & definition of the Church, as well as the unity piece
  • the next evangelicalism (i want this book badly)
  • leadership
  • essentials and non-essentials
  • race and ethnicity
Odds are if you asked me what I was thinking about at any given moment, I'd most likely be thinking about one of these. I seriously think I need to get my butt in seminary. Maybe I should have moved on to there instead of staff? Dunno. I'm glad though that it was advised to me not to go straight into seminary right after college. Let me be clear that I have no desire nor calling to be a pastor. But I do loooooove learning and this stuff is SOO great. Wouldn't mind teaching it one day?

Whew. Let me also just say that it's been incredibly good that we haven't had TV since January. I've read a total of like, 5-6 books these past almost 4 months and am currently simultaneously reading three. Yikes. :D

1 Comment

  1. jo. on Thursday, April 16, 2009 at 9:43:00 AM EDT

    word. to everything you just said.