Tomorrow I will be in Jamaica. It will be 85 degrees. I cannot wait to dance and worship with the Jamaicans. Here are some of the things on my mind as I leave:

* I am emotionally exhausted. Too many projects and zero time to process them. This all came to a head last night.

* I had a wonderful time at Shaker Lakes this morning. I went to my favorite spot, through the MUD (!!!!) and just laid down for a while. I almost dropped my phone into the lake, but caught it before disaster struck. It was just so pleasant out and I was able to just BE!! *sigh* It was nice. But super muddy too.

* Wonder Girls are currently my favorite K-pop group. "Tell me, tell me dah,dah,dah,dah tellll me"

* I've been thinking about this whole being "chosen" idea. Marc P and I talk about it all the time. His favorite Disney line is from Aladdin, when Jasmine says to Aladdin, "I chose you." It's pretty powerful stuff. I think it's very attractive to me as a human being. Not being chosen sucks - anytime, anywhere. God chooses us. God chooses me. God has chosen me. That is more than enough. Bag this other crap.

* Exactly one year ago Joyce and I were headed to the Cleveland Urban Plunge, but because of the insane-o blizzard, it's start date was pushed back 2 days. So what did Joyce and I do with our free time? TV on DVD marathon!! We watched the whole first season of Friday Night Lights (at Calvin's recommendation - that ended up being correct). It was great. When we finally got to the plunge, one of the first questions Annie asked was, "What did you do with your gift of time?" and both Joyce and I had to confess our marathon. Loved it. Maybe I should watch season 2 sometime? Gotta love high school football and small town drama. ;)

* I am so very proud of all the students for the Who Is Josh event. There are GIGs popping up everywhere. How can we sustain this momentum? I wish I could bottle it up and make them drink it at a later date when their desire for evangelism is waning. Bottle o' evangelism.

* Here is a bit of scripture that I hate to love and love to hate - and where I'm currently residing: Genesis 3

So the LORD God said to the serpent, "Because you have done this,
"Cursed are you above all the livestock
and all the wild animals!
You will crawl on your belly
and you will eat dust
all the days of your life.

15 And I will put enmity
between you and the woman,
and between your offspring and hers;
he will crush your head,
and you will strike his heel."

16 To the woman he said,
"I will greatly increase your pains in childbearing;
with pain you will give birth to children.
Your desire will be for your husband,
and he will rule over you."

17 To Adam he said, "Because you listened to your wife and ate from the tree about which I commanded you, 'You must not eat of it,'
"Cursed is the ground because of you;
through painful toil you will eat of it
all the days of your life.

18 It will produce thorns and thistles for you,
and you will eat the plants of the field.

19 By the sweat of your brow
you will eat your food
until you return to the ground,
since from it you were taken;
for dust you are
and to dust you will return."



1 Comment

  1. Sheila on Friday, March 6, 2009 at 5:05:00 PM EST

    Verse 16 is just the ultimate truth... a day-to-day curse that I notice in myself and women everywhere constantly ever since we studied this at fall conference years ago. It is unbelievable how deeply ingrained in us is the desire for our 'husbands' (which often just translates I think to a desire for male approval). When that desire is unsatisfied (in any number of ways), it doesn't go away.. it's a curse, and it's in us! Thank God we have someone perfect to focus on when our desires for men are unfulfilled.. (well, even when they are fulfilled!)p