I'm not sure why it is, but when I get sick I get homesick. Yes, I want my mommy. I want things that are comfortable. For
example, when I was younger and got sick (which was rare) my mom would give me ginger ale to drink in a glass with a straw. I understand it was the ginger in the ginger ale that would calm my stomach -- or maybe it was just to make me think that. Regardless, I find myself as a 25 year old who wants and currently now has ginger ale with a straw :DI also feel the need to watch "comfort" movies - movies I watched as a kid that remind me of family and home. For me, those are Christmas movies. We watch them all year round in my house and I own all of them. Maybe I'll pop one in tonight as I rest up.
It sucks not being on campus. I've had to cancel a lot of my student meetings, which isn't fun. Some of them have been so hard to schedule b/c of conflicting schedules and now this sickness gets plopped down right on it all. Boo. I am tempted to say that I'm "well enough" to get up and go, but I know as soon as I do that the sickness will return and I'll go back 2 days. This isn't good considering the HUGE evangelistic project on Monday with:

There is still so much to be done with it. Everyone has been working really hard, which I'm very grateful for. Now, we just need to pray that all of the details fall into place and God comes in power! Which is what I'm expecting.
Okay. I think I'm done for now. Maybe I'll eat something? Dah.
You are definitely not alone in that! I feel exactly the same way (about being homesick and wanting comfort food, mommy, and comfort activities).
I remember when I got sick and I got to stay home from school(which I didn't actually like cause I hated to miss school but thank God, it wasn't often), I would pretty much get to lay on the couch all day and watch tv. And my mom would check up on me periodically - measure my temperature, give me a cold towel "bath" - I guess a more appropriate phrase would just be wiping down my entire body with a cold towel if I had a fever but I was too achy to take a shower. Btw, something like that or a nice lukewarm shower might actually make you feel a lot less achy and a lot better (if you still have the fever) so that's something you can try.
As for eating, saltines are always a safe bet since they're pretty much just some carbs and salt. If you want you can try some white rice. And yes, the cliched chicken soup might work as well. Any kind of light broth might be good if you can keep it down.
P.S. the ginger in the ginger ale does calm down your stomach. Recommended by doctors actually :).