I've decided that there are two feelings that I really dislike and I've encountered them both fairly intensely this week.

Firstly, I think that "being made to look stupid," either by yourself or by others is a horrible feeling. Sometimes we bring it on ourselves and sometimes it's done by other people, but either way, it's not enjoyable. It's like getting punched in the nose and feeling the sting for quite some time after it.

Secondly, "being left out" is also another horrible feeling that I really don't enjoy. It's the whole idea of being chosen or not (think high school gym classes). And just like when I was five, not being included sucks.

Like I said, I have encountered both of these feelings this week in certain ways. While it may be true that whatever is causing them is unintentional, they are still occurring in my life and have implications, both negative and positive.

These are just some musings of what feelings I've been experiencing recently. Take 'em for what they're worth.

1 Comment

  1. Sheila on Sunday, January 18, 2009 at 1:34:00 AM EST

    Ugh, I hate those feelings as well, and they completely embodied my first year of law school. I felt stupid and rejected about 90% of the time. Feeling those ways is definitely a lesson reminding us how we should perceive ourselves through God's eyes.. I have a really hard time not letting those kinds of blows knock me down for awhile :-p For what it's worth, I think you're smart and would never want to leave you out, because you're fun, too! :)