YES. See this. More to come on it later.

Check out one of the songs from the Golden Globe winning Best Original Score.

5 comments

  1. Jessica Chen on Monday, January 19, 2009 at 2:07:00 AM EST

    Seen it. Loved it. It's like the next Juno. Would love to hear your thoughts about it :).

     
  2. MiSURA on Monday, January 19, 2009 at 9:25:00 AM EST

    i watched recently as well.
    LOVVVVEDDD it.
    i was so glad it received all those golden globes.
    i'm in love w. the soundtrack tooooooo.

     
  3. jo. on Monday, January 19, 2009 at 12:19:00 PM EST

    i'm glad that a south asian film is getting so much press & acclaim. the soundtrack is terrific too... i <3 m.i.a.!!

     
  4. Joe on Saturday, January 24, 2009 at 1:19:00 AM EST

    I thought that it was good--definitely a lot better than I had expected it to be--but I don't think that it is the best picture of the year. When I watched Frost\Nixon, I felt mesmerized and transformed...I didn't want it to end, and I felt that it spoke directly to where we are in 21st century America. yet, simply because Frost\Nixon isn't an "exciting" film with plenty of plot twists and turns, it receives little attention.

    The soundtrack for Slumdog was pretty good, but I don't know if it was better than Springsteen's song for The Wrestler (not much beats Springsteen). I feel that Slumdog's popularity may be due to the fact that it is a south asian film and the Oscar folks think a film is automatically better since it is exotic--would it be as popular if it were made with a black child in inner-city America? The Great Debaters and Akilah and the Bee (sp?) were sorta similiar to Slumdog and neither of those movies did very well and received this much hype.

    don't get me wrong--i liked the film and it's definitely worth seeing. i just don't think that it merits the excessive hype and acclaim that it has received. =)

     
  5. Stephanie on Monday, January 26, 2009 at 2:04:00 PM EST

    I too am glad that a South Asian film is getting so much press. US films aren't the center of the film world.

    I think it's sad though, when we can say that injustice, poverty, sex trafficking, etc. aren't relevant to our lives, especially as followers of Christ.