An 8 and 5 year old - this is my task: to nanny them for 4.5 days. This week I will be embarking on something many of you will think is "crazy." I will be nannying/babysitting Anya and Lukas while Heidi and Bok are away in Texas for an IVCF conference.

This means that I'll be spending the week living at their house, taking the kids to school, picking them up, making dinner, doing homework, bedtime stories, nightmares and the like. You know - Mom stuff.

I'm glad I was able to help out Heidi and Bok as the last thing they wanted to do was drag the kids down to Texas and have them miss school. I think it will be a fun, but very fast week which is kind of scary. Round #2 starts January 12th! Yikes. There is so much to be done before then.

This week will most definitely provide for good stories and one-liners said by the kids. I'll make sure to keep notes. On Friday night when I went over for dinner, as we sat down in the living room to eat dessert, Lukas made an observation - "Hey! All of us are wearing blue!!!" Yes, it was true - Heidi, Lukas and myself were in blue. Then he made another observation -- "YEAH! And we're all light-skinned TOO!" Thought it was super cute. Apparently the others in the room weren't? :) I love kids.

So if you're thinking about it, I'd appreciate some prayer. The kids are good, but we all know what it's like when mom and dad aren't around and we like to play "test the limit." I don't think I'll deal much with that, but pray that no one gets hurt! Lol. And feel free to email me or call me to keep me company in their house. :D

0 comments