If I had a dollar for every emo-ish comment that has been made to me by friends and family since my hair mishap, I would never need to fundraise another dollar for my ministry for the next five years. No joke.

As I'm tired of these annoying and insensitive comments (yes, it's that big of a deal to ME) I made a trip to Ladies & Gentlemen's salon today to figure out how to fix this mess that is my hair. It is true that it's growing on me. Wait, that's an overstatment. Maybe I should say that I'm just getting used to it. It makes my white skin look exceptionally white (think vampires in Twlight white).

Anyway, my student leadership team got me a nice gift certificate to L&G's for Christmas and I was so excited to use it. When I went into the salon, the women at the desk after I told them what I wanted, said, "Oh my gosh, I love it! Why do you want to change it?" Are you serious?! It's black! (No offense to those with black hair.)

So another stylist came over and introduced herself to me and sat me down to "chat." Here's basically what she told me:
  • I should have never done this - it was like putting a red marker on blue marker and then green marker and eventually turns black. That's what happened with my hair. :(
  • It will need to be stripped - which basically is like putting bleach on it and stripping out all the color.
  • I cannot do this until there is at least one inch of regrowth of my hair showing.
  • She suggested I daily wash my hair with Dawn soap. Apparently this does something similar to the stripping and will slowly fade it or something. I asked if I should wash the Dawn out with real shampoo and they said no. Weird. Who knew to do this? Oh well, I'll try anything at this point.
  • This cleansing process is going to be expensive. (Good thing I have this gift cert!!!!)
  • She told me that even though she's never seen me before this day, she would have never thought that my hair color was anything but black. Not sure how I feel about that ...
Now I must wait.

But get this - I get the mail today and I find an envelope addressed to me from Clairol (since I told them of my mishap) and inside it is a coupon for a "free Clairol hair color." HAHAHAHAH. Sure, like I'm gonna do that again!

Sigh. So that's the update .... I'll let you know what happens next, since I know you all care so much. LOL. :) You could pray that my hair grows fast? That's not outside of God's power, right, since He knows exactly how many black hairs there are on my dome? :D

0 comments