Crap. Despite my OCD like efforts at washing my hands this week (they are unbelievably dry) I think I have what Lukas had/has. Boo :( I feel horrible.

4 comments

  1. Jessica Chen on Thursday, January 8, 2009 at 7:06:00 PM EST

    oh no! Hand washing is great but i guess it doesn't completely prevent disease. Perhaps taking something like 'airborne' next time? Or at least making sure your body is well rested (sleep), vitamin C, and fluids are plentiful so that your immune system and body are at peak performance :). I do hope you get well soon! Are you done nannying or is there another week?

     
  2. Stephanie on Thursday, January 8, 2009 at 7:07:00 PM EST

    Yeah. I'm not so into airborne. Not sure why. I rarely get sick. But this is the last day actually. I'll put them off to school tomorrow and then I'm done ;) Don't know if I could have done another week consecutively.

     
  3. Jessica Chen on Friday, January 9, 2009 at 9:32:00 PM EST

    Would you say that this past week was a taste of what it would be like to be a mom or no?

     
  4. Stephanie on Friday, January 9, 2009 at 10:20:00 PM EST

    Oh yes! I think so. Maybe I should make a bigger post about this? Hmm. But yeah, I would say so. I had zero time for myself - which obviously wasn't my responsibility of the week. At least to some degree. But I didn't get much work done. It was really hard to work a full time job even one that allows me to work from home (at this point I wasn't on campus b/c of break). That was frustrating. I felt entitled, like .. "when do I get to do what I get to do?" Lol.

    I'm too selfish for kids right now. No doubt I want them and maybe a lot, but not now. Plus, first I need a husband .... err, boyfriend ... errr, prospectS? lol.