Today on my way home to Pittsburgh I stopped at my aunt Dara's house to visit with her and her five children. I was a human jungle gym for at least 3 hours. No joke. When I tried to leave, Tyler (#3) cried and threw a fit. I'm glad I have that affect on people ;)

I then headed to Crafton, PA to visit my Gma and Granpon as a surprise. It was great to see my Gma's face at the door! Hehe. I visited for a while with them. Gma showed me all her Xmas stuff she put up - which was surprisingly a lot. As she's been getting older, she's been starting to put up less and less. This has been sad to me and the other grandkids - just 'cause we've been used to a lot of things. One thing she hasn't skimped on is this:

The Rice Road. Underneath my Gma's tree she always had a little city set up and she used rice to make the roads. I have no idea why this was so cool to us, but it was insanely cool. We did get yelled at though if we moved any pieces of rice. Lol. But it's so cute. I'm glad she has set it up this year!

Another fun thing at Gma's house at Christmas was this:

Yes, she looks a bit frightening and she was, but this angel hangs by a spring that's super long in the hallway in front of the bathroom. When we were children, we would go in the hallway and make the angel fly - we would pull her string down as hard as we could and watch her bounce/coil back up through the hallway. We did it so hard she would smack off of the light. She only flew an average of three times before some adult came and yelled at us. We waited a few hours before we did it again ;) One of the fav. memories of Gma's house for Christmas.

I decided to eat dinner with them, which was fun :) During dinner, this was part of our convo that I thought was worth sharing with you all:

Gma: (After complaining about all of her doctor's appointments recently) You know how much I weigh? Just take a guess.
Me: 65 lbs.
Gma: Uh, I weigh a little more than that.
Me: 85?
Gma: *sadly* 100 lbs.
Me: WHOAH! You could totally be a model.
Gma: I don't think I'll be modeling anytime soon.
Me: Actually, you'd probably be considered a fat model.

HAHAHAH. I enjoyed my time visiting my relatives. Can't wait to do more of that. YAY!

0 comments