I am not a clumsy person. In fact, I think I find myself bothered by those who are clumsy and klutzy. But man, every time I come home for a visit I break something! :( I've been home for just 5 days and have already broken 2 things!

I broke this ceramic duck we've had in our kitchen for as long as I can remember. It's purpose is to hold all the sponges and stuff for washing dishes. I bumped another dish that came down on the duck and with one swooping motion totally decapitated the duck in a clean slice. Sad.

Just this morning, I broke the washing machine. I put a comforter in there that perhaps should not have gone through the washer. Apparently it's been washed in there before. Today the machine wouldn't have it. As it was attempting to spin, the rubber started to burn. Sister Jaymie says, "Hey! what's that smell?!" Oh yes, it was the washer. :( Not sure if it's totally broken or not, but probably is.

Last few times I've been home I've broken other things, most notably my sister's bedroom window. I believe I threw a ball (a soft one -- or so I thought!) at it and it cracked hardcore.

Awesome huh? As Charlie Brown says, "Everything I touch gets ruined."

1 Comment

  1. Joe on Saturday, December 27, 2008 at 10:50:00 PM EST

    don't feel bad! so far this year, at sheila's house, i have:

    --broken at least 1 coffeemaker and almost broke another one
    --put WAY too much soap in the dishwasher, leaving it to flood all over the floor, and put WAY too much soap in the washing machine
    --almost deleted several important emails related to my father-in-law's work while trying to help him edit a PDF file
    --and almost broken one other thing that was really important too but that i can't remember right now


    so don't feel too bad =)