*In the Cleveland Hopkins Airport bathroom on the way out "Help us put the CLE in CLEAN"
* Trinity's campus is super cool. Could it be that's because there are amazing biblical scholars always walking around!?
* The babies are ridiculously adorable. I was able to jump right in mommy-style and help R&L take care of 'em. It's been great. They are super needy, like they should be. But it's been great playing with them.
* C has been super friendly! I was afraid she would not like me, especially with my new black hair, but when I got in the car from the airport, she was very excited to see me. We've been "roommates" these past couple days, which are exciting for her. And me too :) But, I think my visit has pushed her a bit - in the direction of not always following the rules. I think she's just excited I'm here and wants to show off a bit. So there have been a few time-outs. There is one funny story I'll share later about her - it was too cute.
* R gave me a tour of campus, which I was so excited to do. I love the idea of higher education, particularly seminary. I was once enrolled in TEDS and took a class, but haven't in a year. I'd like to continue those classes. On our tour, we came across a guy R knew named Chris (I think?!). This guy shared he wouldn't be coming back next semester. Sad. R introduced me as his colleague with IV and this guy shared he did a few years on IV staff and then to Crusade. In pure Stephanie fashion I said after he shared that, "Ohhhh, well actually we should get going ...." in a fun jest. :) It was cool. As we walked away from R's classmate he turned to me and said, "That was one of the guys I had picked out for you!" Hahah. R had told me about him before - that we may fit well. He's Asian, plays guitar, was on IV staff and apparently was cool (that's one of my factors for a potential mate ... I think). R&L will keep their eyes open :)
* The Trinity bookstore is amazing!!!! They have amazing books there. Like, when I first walked in - I was like, "oh, I have that book - and that book, and that book!!" Then I realized it was an IVP turnstile with all IVP books. LOL. Score. But the biblical references books they had were amazing! The whole "Bible Speaks Today" series was there and tons of other books. I was in heaven. I wanted to buy sooooooo many of them!!!!! A-maz-ing. Nerd alert.
* I got to see Dan and Kathy S, which was cool. Dan was graduating from TEDS with his M. Div. They ended up inviting me to graduation that night.
* Graduation - awesome!! Biblical scholars everywhere! Looove it. It was so fun. I got to sit with Jeff, Lisa and Emma which was fun! Emma is a cutie. But it was sweet to be close to all these scholarly ppl. During the ceremony they acknowledged all the spouses of the graduates by having them stand - it was all women except for one man. I felt inspired - like .. man, I need to get on this!
* Babies - S1 and S2 are sooooo freakin' cute! I know I already sort of wrote about them, but still. They are great. Props to L for her mad mommy skillz. Same for Rick.
* I was reminded of how much I missed the G's in my life by being with them. I cannot tell you how much I love doing life together with people. I would die if I was isolated or something. It was just wonderful to see them "do" or rather "be" a family. It was an encouragement to me to know that I'm not bound to things past but have the ability, by God's grace to arrange some of the future. I tried to soak up all the wisdom I could through small but really powerful conversations with R and L. Those are my favorite. They always seems to happen in the car .... dunno.
* Touring the Chicago Botanic Garden was sweet too. We went to the Wonderland Exhibition where they designed a few of Chicago's landmarks and whatnot ALL out of plants, leaves, trees etc. It was amazing! And really fun. :) Pushing around twins always gets attention. A few times ppl thought the babies were mine. Um, no. :)
* One of L's and I's tasks were to set up C's christmas gift which was a dollhouse. They decided to buy the African American family version of it. L and I had a lot of fun playing with the dolls and setting it up.
I wish I could share more stories, but this post is uber long as it is. Overall, I had a stellar time with the Goetsch's! I'm grateful for their hospitality and generosity - in soooo many ways. Till next time ...