J

I am a J in the Myers-Briggs Temperament Indicator. Not only am I a J, but I'm a high J. The J and P deals with how we orient ourselves to the external world. J's have a more structured and decided lifestyle. Being a J is proving to be really hard, at least this time in my life. There's been a lot of clashing recently that's been difficult. I've honestly been feeling guilty for being so, that my J-ness is being looked at as a hindrance and annoying instead of something with value. Argh.

Here is a funny blog entry I found about J's. I won't tell you how many of these things I do ....
  • If your desk has more post-it notes than work space- you might be a J.
  • If you view the "Now Playing" list on your TiVo as a to-do list and race through the programs to watch and then delete them- you might be a J.
  • If your purse/briefcase looks like a survival kit (Tide to-go pen, post-its, emergency contact info, band aids, neosporin, and everything else you might need to be prepared for)- you might be a J.
  • If you have a Plan A, B, C, and D for every situation- you might be a J.
  • If you drive to the location of your interview the day before (so you know the route perfectly and there won't be any surprises)- you might be a J.
  • If Spring Cleaning in your house is planned out with Microsoft Project- you might be a J.
  • If a family trip to Disney World takes as much planning as a typical wedding- you might be a J.
  • If you automatically set your personal deadline one week (or more) earlier than the "real" deadline- you might be a J.
  • If your friends can imitate the structure of your daily activities with eerie precision- you might be a J.
  • If you sit down and read ALL instructions before beginning a an assembly project (and lay out each necessary tool, separate and count the parts, etc)- you might be a J.
  • If you schedule free-time (but feel uncomfortable having free-time in the first place)- you might be a J.
  • If the best gift you ever received was a Label-maker- you might be a J.

5 comments

  1. Jessica Chen on Wednesday, October 29, 2008 at 11:10:00 PM EDT

    I'm a J too. A pretty big J actually...but I only do some of those things on that list. Well, most of them are a bit extreme and I do a diluted version =P.

     
  2. DeeCee on Thursday, October 30, 2008 at 12:54:00 AM EDT

    me too, i'm super J

     
  3. jo. on Thursday, October 30, 2008 at 1:19:00 AM EDT

    ...you do all of them?

    lies, calvin, throne of lies!

     
  4. Unknown on Thursday, October 30, 2008 at 11:00:00 PM EDT

    Wait, who on the NEO staff team got Rick's label maker? Was it you? I can't remember...

     
  5. Stephanie on Thursday, October 30, 2008 at 11:25:00 PM EDT

    Hahah. It actually ended up being Joyce - I have yet to use it! :)