When I was in 8th grade I stupidly (?) put my hand on a hot burner on our stove. I wanted to see if it was hot. Why? I have no clue. But my intent was to place my hand over it to feel the heat. So I did. But I couldn't feel anything. So, I put my hand directly on the burner and burned my hand.

The burn left some concentric circle shapes on my right hand, which were rather severe.

Let me tell you that after I got burned once, I never touched a hot stove again. I knew what it would do to me. I knew that it wasn't helpful, but hurtful.

Wouldn't it have been stupid of me, knowing how it burned me the first time, to go back and touch it a second or even a third time? I think so.

2 comments

  1. Eric Chen on Tuesday, October 14, 2008 at 8:25:00 PM EDT

    and now something has burned you again huh? and not the stove...

     
  2. Stephanie on Wednesday, October 15, 2008 at 12:20:00 AM EDT

    close :(