Why?
Here's a brief and maybe even crappy summary written at imdb:
Barry Egan (Adam Sandler) is a small business owner with seven sisters whose abuse has kept him alone and unable to fall in love. When a harmonium and a mysterious woman (Emily Watson) enter his life, his romantic journey begins.
I cannot comprehend for the life of me why in the world Lena, the woman Barry meets, wants anything to do with this crazy guy! He's got fits of rage, he's weird, he can't communicate well. He's got nothing to offer her. Nothing. Yet she not only enjoys his company, but wants to be with him regardless of it! Despite all his quirks and shortcomings and everything he is, she is still deeply in love with him. Even when he leaves her in a most important moment. She still wants him. She still chooses him, even though he is so messed up.
I cannot fathom this. I really cannot. It hurts my brain to think about. Even more so, it hurts my heart. Why does she chose him still? How could she? Why should she? I do not understand.