Okay, here are some random things I feel the need to share about:

  • This 8th grade boy, who was with his two friends, at Panera not only gave away a spoiler to the book, but pretty much gave away the ending! I had politely and nicely asked if the book on his table was Twilight and he then proceded to attempt to flirt with me by pretending to spoil the book ... and then went ahead and DID! WHAT THE ?!?! Why must people do that!? I have NEVER spoiled a book in my life - I'm like morally against it. Especially such a big series as this? Or HP?! Why do people feel the need to ruin other people's experiences? I am so angry. If you're a book spoiler - you .... you ... just better not be. Rawr! I'm trying to forget about what he said. Maybe I should wait and let it all go away in my head .. and come back.

  • I consciously made the decision to take out three of my ear piercings. For most of my life I've had 9 of them. Three in my earlobe on both sides, plus three in my cartilage (one on one side and two on the other). My first piercing was when I was 2nd grade - I think I was 8. And I got most of the rest in high school back when cartilage piercings were all the rage. I think it was a form of "expression." For me ... I'm not sure it was. It was just cool. I was one of the girls in HS that got theirs done early on out -- I was on the inside of the fad. So - why did I decide to take some out? Well, for one, I'm annoyed with never having enough earrings to fill them all. I usually don't pay attention to the 3rd holes, so I thought - why not just let them grow in? And then with one of my cartilage piercings - I just didn't have an earring to put in and decided it wasn't worth it. This may mean nothing to some of you, but I thought it would be worth mentioning out loud.

  • In case you already didn't know, life is HARD! Ugh. It just seems to be super hard for me at this moment in time. Not just hard, but super painful. A good friend gave me this verse yesterday - that I'm so clinging to "They confronted me in the day of my disaster, but the LORD was my support. He brought me out into a spacious place; he rescued me because he delighted in me." - Psalm 18:18, 19 Lord, I need you to rescue me.

  • I bought a new purse/bag that I don't think I like. It's super cute, but it just falls open and everything spills out. I can't deal with that. I'll probably return it.

  • I really want a dog. But I can't have one. :(

  • My sister had a really great experience with the Lord yesterday. It's worth talking about. She's a frosh at PSU, University Park. Since she arrived, she's been having a rough time. She's been lonely, depressed, sad etc. I guess it's the normal stuff all of us had or will have to go through. I tried to encourage her by sharing about my experience (as did the rest of my sis's) and explaining that it's sort of a "rite-of-passage" if you will. I decided to help her out, I would do some research on fellowships on campus for her. They have over 70-some religions org. on campus. Blah. I tried to sort them out and chose a top three. I contacted them on her behalf and some were very quick to respond. Long story short is - she ended up only semi-going to one of their new student outreach events. But yesterday, we had this convo about her getting involved in a group - by actually GOING to it. She shared how she was afraid and said she wasn't good at making friends. I told her she couldn't just sit around and wait - she had to be a little bit proactive. Well I got a phone call last night and she explained that 2 girls from the Navigators group came through her dorm and personally invited her to this bible study/social event they were having tonight. She explained that the girls were so nice and asked her a lot of questions about herself. She seemed to be impressed by that. She told them about me and what I do and they totally knew about IV and were excited. Mel was so happy that they came to her (God's cool like that) and she's at this social event at the Creamery with these new friends right now as I read this. I hope it becomes a spiritual home for her - a place where she can find community but more importantly grow in her relationship with God. I've seen first-hand, many, many times, freshmen going to college and losing their faith. I don't want her to be a part of the statistics too. Thanks God :)

1 Comment

  1. Jessica Chen on Saturday, September 6, 2008 at 9:09:00 PM EDT

    I want a dog too but I don't have the time to adequately take care of one... because it would be nice to have something else that breathes in this condo besides me....