I am overwhelmed with sadness.

Approximately two weeks ago, I, along with other IV staff received an email from IV national that a fellow staff, Mike, provisionally appointed to Univ. of Wisconsin, was hit by a car while he was crossing the street in his wheelchair to staff an NSO event. Mike suffered from muscular dystrophy which had him wheelchair bound. When he was hit by the car, he was flung from his wheelchair and suffered from numerous broken bones and a collapsed lung.

After battling for his life for two weeks and suffering from much swelling in his brain, Mike went home to be with the Lord today. His new body.

I knew Mike. He was in my Loving God's Story track during CFW 07. He was a great addition to our track and brought so much joy and humor to our long and heady track. He had a great spirit about him, not taken down by his condition. He had a zeal for life. Not only did he had a zeal for life, but he had a love for college students, which is what brought him on staff with IV in Wisconsin.

I am sad at the loss of my fellow warrior on campus.

It's crazy to think about this - that perhaps in his mind what would cause his death was his MD, but it wasn't. It was a car accident. It could have happened to anyone.

Death is real.

My prayers are with Mike's family, staff team and students. May God be glorified.

0 comments