Okay, so when I was a lifeguard a few years back, the other guards and I decided that we would keep a notebook of all the funny things that people said either to us or to others while at the pool. It was SOO much fun to come into work and read what had been said earlier that day and then to add to it. Definitely made the day go by faster!

I think I should create one, or keep one, for the Case IV chapter. I think there's one that exists in the students' hands, but I think it'd be fun to keep one as the staff. People say really funny stuff - or at least I think it's funny stuff. Here's the first one I would put in:

At a coffee shop, for a student appointment, which now only has the bigger bubble tea like straws. After ordering our drinks and sitting down, there is some grumbling about the bigger straw -

me: "What, you can't drink out of a bigger straw?"
them: *looks sideways at me* "It's gonna be awkward."
both: *burst into hysterical laughter*

Okay, so it's not as funny here as it was then, but whatever. That's it - I'm starting to keep a book of worthy quotes that students give. I'll be on the look-out!

0 comments