Here I am sitting at Panera, attempting to work on fund development, listening to the AOL radio on my AIM. Let me go off for a second and just say how stinkin' awesome this satellite radio thing is. You can chose any genre of music to listen to at any time. If I want movie scores, I can get 'em. If I want Incubus, I can get them too. Currently I'm jamming to some 90's pop, Billie Meyers "Kiss the Rain." Love it.
Anyway, I often go to coffe shops to do work. Working from home is rough and I like to keep some boundaries in the work/home spaces. I really enjoy the Panera in Shaker Hts - I come here at least once a week. Today, I had the opportunity to witness a fight between an employee and a guest. It's not the first time here. It's always been some sort of argument ("are you looking at me?" .... "do you have a problem?") not between the employee that takes the order, but from one behind the counter (the least guest interaction). These arguments are always loud and everyone's head turns to see the show. To be honest, if I was a manager I'd be a bit diappointed in my employees. Their purpose is to provide good food and good customer service, not argue with the guests. Come on Panera, I've come to expect better quality service than that.
One more thought about Panera - how in the world are you supposed to eat a bread bowl?? I love their chicken noodle soup. I love their bread, so why not put them together with the bread bowl. Well, that's all fine and dandy, but once you eat the soup, how do you eat the bowl? It's all soggy. Not only is it soggy, but you need superman power to rip the darn thing ap
art! I look like a freak using both hands to tear this bread up. So if anyone has any ideas about how to eat a bread bowl like a lady, please do let me know. Here's what mine looked like at the end -> Looks like a raccoon got it or something?_____________________________________________
Darn it. It's true. I've come to the conclusion that my head is oddly shaped. I can't tell you how many times I've tried to get those sports headbands and others to hold my hair back and they never work. Today I went to Target to get a head scarf/headband thing and try again. They look cute and they do a nice job of adding some fun to your hair, especially when you wear a ponytail. LD always wears them and she looks super cute. I wanted one, so I went and got one. Got into the car and alas, my suspicion was correct - it didn't fit my globe. Blasted.
I have more to reflect upon, but I must do some FD work. Maybe blogging will be my reward for doing a decent amount of FD. Sounds good to me.