
The title is lyrics from High School Musical 2, where Gabriella, annoyed and frustrated by Troy's recent behavior, steps up and decides to leave Lava Springs. It's one of my favorite songs and the first time I saw that part I teared up. Yeah, yeah. Gimme a break - it's the way God made me. So there.
The title is relevant because I said my goodbye to Charlotte today. I found out, at the very end (and I mean ... walking out the door end) of the going away party that she was leaving town on Wed (not on Friday like I had thought). It caught me by surprise and I was definitely not composed enough to say my goodbye then. So I said I would return just for her goodbye.
I decided this morning that I wanted to exercise and run/walk off some frustration I was feeling. So I walked to their house from mine. Overall it took about 30 or so minutes, which wasn't bad. My ears deliciously devoured the new Coldplay album on the way.
It was a short goodbye, which I'm glad for. What does a 2.5 year old know about goodbyes? What do you say? Especially when three other adults are listening. So I thanked her for playing with me and told her I'd see her again. Laura asked if I wanted to take her for a final walk and I decided that doing that would make it worse. HAH. So I gave her a hug and a kiss and walked out the door.
And then the tears came, slowly (darn it ... they are starting now too ... God, why did you make me so emotional?! Sometimes I want to trade in this "F" body for a "T"). I walked away from their house and thought of all our fun times. Thought of how I knew her since she was like, 4-5 days old. How I babysat her in those early days and watched her puke up all the food I had given her. Thought of how frightened I was when she went cross-eyed (which babies do) and I thought I had done something wrong. HAHaha. Thought of how I bought her 100 balls and watched in delight as they overtook the living room floor when she dumped the basket.

Goodbye Miss CSG! I'll miss you!