After browsing their newest album, "Viva La Vida," on iTunes I decided to purchase their first radio release, "Viva La Vida." As I listened to this song, I became more and more intrigued by the lyrics of the song. So today, as I was talking to J, we started to speculate about the meaning of the song. As I was told yesterday by MH, "Words means something (or something to that effect)." Anyway, to me at least, the song sounded like he was describing his life before and after knowing Christ - like this is what it was like when I ruled the world, but now it's this way. I don't have more thoughts on it than that, but it was highly spiritual in content.
J shared with me this blog she had found where this guy analyzed every track on the album and it's spiritual content, I guess you could say. He also explained how that this album was not meant for people to purchase just a few songs, but the whole album. Each song would only make sense within the context of the whole album. It's like a movie - mean to be enjoyed from beginning to end. So here's the blog http://www.protestantpontifications.com/?p=650 You can make of it what you want, but I just thought it was HIGHLY interesting.
So I went ahead and purchased (and I'm sort of embarrased to say this) my first Colplay album and I'm loving it. So far I'm highly enjoying the instrumental track as well as Strawberry Swing. Here's a bit to wet your tastebuds.
EXCELLENT decision about the Coldplay album. I <3 it. However, I think I'll have to check out that website... I am ashamed to admit that I often ignore the lyrics and inject my own meanings into songs hahaha. I guess sometimes thats good though because some songs I would hate if I actually knew the intended meaning...