I have to admit, I'm not the biggest fan of going to the doctor. Any kind of doctor - they are all awkward. But I need new contacts so it was time to go.

As I was sitting in the waiting room, viewing People's list of the 100 Most Beautiful People (I didn't make it), I overheard a convo between a man and presumably, his wife. They were talking about the location of their doctor's:

m: So is that where you have your, uh .... your .... uh ....
w: (silence)
m: is that where you have your uh ... have your uh, your .... uh .... uh ....
w: my gynecologist?
m: yeah, is that where you have it?

HAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. The man couldn't even bring himself to say it. Yikes. Grow up dude.

The appointment wasn't that bad, although they did dilate my pupils, which is always such a pleasure. As I sat and waited for the actual doctor (which again, took forever) I tried to read a book but to no avail - I couldn't see a flippin' thing. It was just a blur. I even used the trick my old parents do and moved the book pretty far away. Still nothing.

Went to the counter to check out and had to pay - couldn't see my checkbook. Couldn't see the numbers. I have no idea how much I wrote the check for. Dang it. BUT! The only positive thing that came out of this trip was that the doctor (who had very very curly hair) gave me TWO pairs of contacts until the ones I ordered came in! That was awfully nice of him and good for me. HAh.

While I couldn't see much, I made my way downstairs via the elevator. The doors opened and sunlight poured through. You might have thought I was a vampire by the way my face responded to the sunlight hitting my eyes. Painful. So I put on those oh-so-stylish paper sunglasses they give you (my real ones were in the car) and walked like a drunkard to my car. And then my phone rang. Too bad for them - I couldn't read the name so I didn't answer it.

Did a few errands and then made my way home Safely. My eyes are slowly returning to their normal size but they look super weird. What if our pupils were always that big? That'd be creepy. Thanks God for giving us small pupils and beautiful iris'.

0 comments