Have you ever been outside in the summer, right before a storm is about to hit? You can feel change in the air. The temperature drops. The wind starts to pick up. The dark clouds roll in, blocking the sun. You can just feel it. You just know.

This is how I feel right now in my life. The period before the storm arrives. Change is in the air. Now, I'm not saying a storm is coming, but it just feels like something is gonna happen. I am anxious.

********************************************

On a totally unrelated note, today I was reminded of my deep love for music. Now, if you know me, you know that I love and listen to music 24/7. Sorry Joyce. Now it's not just pop music I enjoy, it's all kinds. I was reminded of this today in church. God often uses worship to speak to me and remind me of His promises and love for me. Today as we sang "Above All" (not a personal fav. of mine) Erica, the violinist, was just beautiful as she played and worshiped God through her playing. It was sweet, beautiful music. It was as if no one but her and God were in the room. Her violin playing was just so elegant. It was like the glitter on freshly fallen snow.

I was just reminded of the feeling (for lack of a better description) you get when you make music. There's just something, I can't explain it well, that happens when you make music either alone or together with a group. I loved being part of a concert band or a worship team, and being one piece of a group of people working together to play something so complex and beautiful. I really miss that. I really miss playing music. I wish I had more opportunities to do it. I think I have been gifted with musical abilities (I'm no expert!) and I wish I exercised them more. I really love hearing and playing music. Thanks Lord for creating it and allowing us not only to hear it, but to make it and use it to worship you.

0 comments