Okay, so if you know me, you know I love kids. I just saw the cutest thing ever here at Panera - twice!

I'm sitting close to the door, my favorite spot p.s. As i'm sitting here, an old gentleman was leaving. He had a cane and was quite wobbly. He was having a hard time pushing the door open while holding his cane and trying not to stumble. Along walks a young boy, prolly about 9-10, carring his pop. He spots the struggling man and runs (literally) over to the door and gets behind the man and pushes the door open for him! Once the old man is through, the young boy runs to the 2nd door to hold it open for the old man.

How freakin' sweet is that?! I hope I can raise my kids to be courteous to others and serve others.

So I decided to blog about it, b/c I thought it was so adorable (and I need a break from FD!!!). No joke, as I'm writing the first sentence ... across the street walking into Panera is another old man, even more wobbly than the first. Now the same young boy and his older brother see the old man coming towards the door and they both, at the same time, race over, practically stumbling over each other, to hold the door for the old man. Each boy holds a door open, until the man is safely inside.

Again. How sweet is that?! They were just chillin with their momma eatin their bagels. They see someone in need and jump up to help. That's respect and courtesy. I hope that I can raise kids with that attitude, to be courteous to your elders and help others out.

Anyway, just thought that would be fun to write about. It was soo sweet! Kudos to their mom!

0 comments