Okay. If you know me, you know that I love music. Any genre. Seriously. I grew up with it. My father was a DJ growing up, not to mention he was in a few bands. So we had music on in our house 24/7. It was and is, and most likely will be a big part of my life.

With that said, I'd like to comment on the Grammys tonight. First of all, I have to say it was an absolutely stellar show! The live performances were fantastic!! Beyonce and Tina, Rhapsody in Blue, Foo Fighters - it was absolutely wonderful!

Here are some other random thoughts:

*Beyonce and Tina - I loved it. The spoken word beginning by B and Proud Mary with Tina was awesome! The dancing was great. However Tina did look a little puffed up on Botox.

*Kanye West - Now let me just say that I enjoy Kanye's music, but I don't get why he feels he's so entitled to things. Tonight as he was accepting his speech, they started to play the "get-off-the-stage-you're-
done" music and as this was playing, he happened to be giving thanks to his recently deceased mother. As he was speaking and the music started playing (like it does for everyone!) he said, "it would be good taste to turn off the music" and they DID! I don't get why they did that for him, would they have done it for anyone else? I'm sorry his mother passed away. I'm sure there were other artists there that had recently lost family members and friends, but no one was acting like that. I just feel like he thinks he owns the world and everyone owes him something. So that was a bit disappointing

*I need someone to explain something to me. Why in the world did Amy Winehouse win not only one, but a few Grammys tonight?! RAWR! I do not believe she's Grammy material. Jay Z, Beyonce and JT - they are Grammy worthy artists. And her performance in London!?!? Was she drunk then? She looked like it. Horrid.

*Vince Gill - He won for Best Country Album and Ringo Starr presented him with the award. After he received his award, he said, "Wow, I just had a Beatle hand me a Grammy. *pause as audience applauds* Hey Kanye, has that happened to you yet?" *audience erupts with a roar of laughter* - BOOYAH Kanye. It was hysterical. Probably my most favorite part of the evening!

*Rhapsody in Blue performance - Once thing I love about the Grammys is that it crosses many genres. Tonight they played a beautiful arrangement of Rhapsody in Blue. It was freakin' brilliant!

Overall it was a fantastic show. I was a little disappointed that Chris Brown wasn't performing (I loooooooove his dancing) but overall it was fantastic. I am so glad the WGA allowed it to go on! I love music. I'm soooo grateful that the Lord has blessed us with the ability to create music.

0 comments