It's been forever since I've blogged. However, I doubt anyone has been reading it anyway. Summer is an interesting time for staff. Most of us, at least in Great Lakes East and West, just came off of what I would call the second busiest time of our year: Chapter FOCUS Week. As a full time staff, we are required to staff three weeks of camp (unless your going on a global project or to SLT). Mmm camp. I had a great CFW experience. Lots of transforming going on.

Now that I've moved into temporary housing with The Chews (IV colleagues and the most thrifty shoppers I've ever met!) I've got much to do. Tomorrow I'll be meeting with the Director of Campus Ministries at John Carroll University. He's super excited about having IV on campus, so we're going to talk about how that can happen. I'm really excited about it as well. There is so much to be done!!!

Not only are fantastic things going on at JCU, but also at Case. I've meet with the Oasis coordinator, Eric, twice this week to talk about plans for the semester as well as the beginning fo the year for New Student Outreach. Many plans are underway. I think God is going to do awesome things through the students there! They are very pumped.

What is God teaching me now? I think He's teaching me about pride and humility, but in a gentle way. I'm ready to learn from the Master at what it means to be humble in God's economy, which is significantly different than what the world says.

Personally, I had an awesome outing today with Heidi. We hit the thrift stores and I bought all these athelic t-shirts for like $6!!! It was incredible. I also decided today that I am going to buy a cornhole set. Then I'll have every backyard game known to man ... except for badmitton and horseshoes. Okay so I don't have every game. Oh well. If you don't know what cornhole is, check this out . I think you will enjoy.

I'm off to be inspired by So You Think You Can Dance ...

0 comments