When I was a little girl my dad was WAY into tools. He would always take us, his five girls, with him as he searched the aisles salivating at the latest macho technology. For me, it was boring. I always got a headache which my have been produced by my distaste for the whole shopping experience in the tool section.

To get ourselves through the shopping trip, my sisters and I would attempt to play with the exercise equipment, which was always located next to the tools. Usually we were asked to step down from the exercise bike because we "might get hurt." Right. So now what? We would have to just watch as my father eyed up a new circular saw or a really "cool" drill set with all of this bits blah blah.

Today, 2007, however is different. My dad is still into tools, but now he's even MORE into guitars. Such good taste he has! He has a really sweet Gibson bass along with a nice Epiphone electric AND a very expensive Breedlove acoustic gutiar (to which I now salivate when I see it). Instead of trips to Sears, we take trips to Guitar Center. This is where we went today and man-o-man was it great. Great for a few reasons. Reason #1 - it's a musical lover's paradise. There are guitars and drums and keyboards everywhere that you can PLAY!! Reason #2 - there are a ton of musical resources like books etc. Reason #3 - (the best reason of all) there are majorly HOTTTTTTT guys working in the store who are very eager to offer you any help.

If you want a date, look no further than the nearest Guitar Center. Forget eHarmony and all of those other dating services and hit the music scene. Today, there were a ton of nice looking young men. Not only were they nice looking, but 90% of them were musically gifted!!! They either rocked out in bands or did their own thing playing shows or hitting the studios. Yes yes, I thought I was in paradise. The best part of it all, was that my dad knew almost all of them!! When we walked in they were like, "Hey John! How are ya?" They knew him by name!! So I just floated behind him absorbing all of the nice scenery ... and guitars.

I realize I sound like a high school teeny bopper totally gushing, but it was so ... fun to see all of these talented young men at this place. HAH. So I thought I would blog about it. :)

0 comments